[3830] WPX SSB N3HXQ SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N3HXQ SOAB HP
From: n3hxq@arrl.net (n3hxq@arrl.net)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:29:39 -0500 (EST)
                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: N3HXQ
Operator(s): N3HXQ
Station: N3HXQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:
   80:     53
   40:     43
   20:    464
   15:    574
   10:    376
-------------------------------
Total:   1510 x    692  =  2,550,020

Club: PVRC (Potomac Valley Radio Club)

Comments:

Equipment:
 TS-950SD + Alpha 99
 C-4SXL @ 74' and Inverted-V for 80M @ 60'
 -
 I had a blast. Lots to learn. I have to start thinking west more.
 I knew to look for east asia late in the day on 10 and 15, but
 was surprised to find a good opening on 20M early in the
 morning Sunday. I probably could have made more out of that if
 I had hit it earlier. My alarm didn't wake me Sunday morning so
 I ended up oversleeping about 2 hours. Then I had to stop
 2 hours early for a previously scheduled family obligation so
 I ended only getting 34 hours of operating time, but Nno complaints.