[3830] WPX SSB AE6Y SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AE6Y SOAB HP
From: andrew.faber@gte.net (andrew.faber@gte.net)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:11:13 -0500 (EST)
                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 26
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:     31
   40:      6
   20:    717
   15:    345
   10:    628
-------------------------------
Total:   1727 x    703  =  2,687,569

Club: NCCC

Comments:

This was certainly an interesting contest, until I decided to call it quits at
9:30 Sunday morning.  I really needed to work on my taxes, and wanted to save
the rest of the weekend for that.  I was slightly ahead of last year's pace,
and assumed I'd end up at about the same score (3.6M), but decided to go out
for a run, and get something to eat.
  A few hours later, I turned the radio back on out of curiousity and, of
course, immediately heard some easy new mults. I was debating jumping back in
when I heard someone give the report "59 1040", and I just knew it was a sign
from above calling me back to the tax preparation [for foreign readers, our
individual tax return in the US is called Form 1040].
  Best part of the contest for me was on 20m Friday night.  I think this is the
first time I've ever actually done this, but I stayed on one frequency, 14298,
for almost three hours from 0244 to 0538 and ran 329 stations, 113 of which
were Russians.  Propagation was wide open to European Russia and nearby
countries, but nothing at all from Western EU east of EA.  It was really an
amazing few hours.
  Looking forward to CW!
  73, andy, ae6y
Rig : TS950SDX, TS570DG
Antennas : Force 12 3el. 10/15/20, 2el 40, 1 el. 80, R7000
Software: CQPWIN 9.0