[3830] TXQP K5OJ/M TX Mobile M/M LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] TXQP K5OJ/M TX Mobile M/M LP
From: k1oj@ditdit.com (k1oj@ditdit.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 14:49:42 -0400 (EDT)
                     Texas QSO Party

Call: K5OJ/M
Operator(s): KE4NT, K1OJ
Station: K1OJ/M

Class: TX Mobile M/M  Power: LP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
Total:     175      614        0       94  =  244,048

Club: DITDIT CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

It was fun! K5VUU did a fabulous job of promoting event and helping so many of
us get our gear ready to go. Thank you George!

At the last minute, the K5OJ Mom Mobile navigator and pilot extraordinary,
Margaret, K5MSQ, came down ill and was not able to participate. We were both
very disappointed. Fortunately, Kent, KE4NT, stepped up to the plate and
offered to help me out. What a brave soul! He didn't know me and had not been
out on a mad dash for a QSO party. He came through with flying colors! We had a
great time.

Here are the stats:
Call: K5OJ/M
Ops: KE4NT, K1OJ
Class: Texas Mobile/MM
Power: 100w
Equipment: Yaesu FT900 with Hustler multi-band and Screwdriver antennas
Miles: 979
Driving time: 16.5hrs
Average speed: 59.7mph
Operating time: 17.5hrs
Counties: 35
Phone QSOs: 175
CW QSOs: 614
FINAL SCORE: 244048

We both learned a lot and will positively improve our score next year. Thanks
to the many ops you followed us around and managed to hear our weak signals.
73,
OJ---K1OJ
Dit Dit