[3830] ARRL SS SSB AD4L(@KI7WX) SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB AD4L(@KI7WX) SO HP
From: ad4l@portbridge.com (ad4l@portbridge.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:12:09 -0500 (EST)

Club: PVRC

Comments:

4el 20m @ ~100', 4el 20m @ ~55' fixed NE
5el 15m @ ~60'
5el 10m @ ~60', 5el 10m @ ~ 80' fixed NE
2el 40m @ ~ 105', inverted V @ ~ 70'
Inverted V 80m @ ~100'
FT1000, Alpha 78 @ ~800 watts, CT9, MFJ434 voice keyer

Thanks to KO7X and KI7WX for the use of the KI7WX station.

This was a new benchmark for high rate in the face of high noise and low S/N
ratio (Sunday morning on 40m 93 hour with about S9+15db noise floor) and
relative freedom from 75m pig farmers (45-60 minutes total abuse) and 20m
psychopaths (about 5 minutes). I had one awkward moment with a 20m rag chewer
and after asking about the frequency and having him invite me to take it when
they were gone, after they appeared to have left I got yelled at for firing up.
The guy was pissed and made a lot of acid remarks and I was unhappy but the
frequency was pure heaven for about 45 minutes.

Had to pull the plug early for some family time. All fingers and toes crossed
that my 40-70k point shortfall isn't important to PCRC.

-Pete