[3830] ARRL SS SSB N8IE SO QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB N8IE SO QRP
From: n8ie@woh.rr.com (n8ie@woh.rr.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:06:50 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: N8IE
Operator(s): N8IE
Station: N8IE

Class: SO QRP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:      0
   80:     20
   40:    120
   20:    130
   15:     82
   10:     61
-------------------------------
Total:    413 x     80  =  66,080

Club:

Comments:

Like we say in W8 land, "ain't no meters like 40 meters"!
I had a blast running QRP with my old Kenwood TS-830, a G5RV and an old Hygain
vertical.

My goals this year:
1. Better my score from Y2K.
2. Get another sweep.
3. Have fun.
I'm happy to say I did all three.

A big special THANKS to Daryl, K8FP for helping me build and install a new G5RV
early Saturday morning. It proved to be a killer on 40 meters!

The bands here were not bad at all, 10 was not as good for me as I had hoped
but it did net me some great contacts and much needed multipliers.

I also want to say a very special THANK YOU to VY1MB for not only the sweep,
but the way it happened was way too cool. He was working the pileup by the
numbers, he called for 8's and did not hear me. Next he called for 7's and 6's,
when no one replied I jumped in and said "how about QRP" (more in desperation
than anything) he replied back, "OK, guess you QRP folks need a break too" so I
sent my info, he QSL'ed and sent his. I think he knew he made my day when I
shouted "HOT DAMN thanks for the sweep!". He just laughed and went on. That's
one class act, thank you again!

Missed a "double sweep" by 9 sections. Biggest surprise for me was bagging 4
WY's, 4 NE's, and 3 MT's. Thanks for the rare ones folks.

My goals for next year:
1. Better my score from Y2K.
2. Get another sweep.
3. Have fun.