[3830] SS CW K4XS Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS CW K4XS Single Op HP
From: cqtestk4xs@aol.com (cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 18:29:30 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: K4XS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 6.8

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  202
   20:  110
   15:  118
   10:
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

My first SS CW in years.  Set a goal of working 500 stations in less than seven
hours.  Only had one radio, so did nothing but CQ for qsos.

One thing that struck me was the very low numbers for the checks...much lower
than the SSB part of sweepstakes.  Of the 500 checks I received, probably 80 per
cent or more were from the 70's or earlier.  A very small amount were from the
90's or 00's.  Alas, and I hope K4OJ doesn't have a heart attack, CW in the US
is a dying skill.

Hope to see all of the guys in the SSB part of the SS....full time for that one.