[3830] SS CW K6LL SO Unlimited HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS CW K6LL SO Unlimited HP
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 18:34:53 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   58
   40:  293
   20:  337
   15:  602
   10:   84
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

On Friday, the power company showed up and repaired an
S-9 line noise that had been bothering me for months.
It sure is nice to be able to hear again! The timing was
pure coincidence, but couldn't have been better.

I entered the unlimited class, because I thought the packet
spots might make Sunday afternoon more interesting. However,
the San Diego Packet Cluster apparently melted down on Sunday
morning, and there were no spots all day. It did help to
find the rare ones on Saturday, but with two radios, you pretty
much find the mults anyway. Also, there's more breathing room in
the top ten box for Unlimited Class, since the offshore operations
and big stations with hired guns hog the High Power top ten box.

It seemed to be more fun than last year for some reason.

Thanks for all the Q's, and see you on SSB.

Dave Hachadorian
K6LL
Yuma, AZ