[3830] CQWW CW W1KM SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1KM SOAB HP
From: w1km@capecod.net (w1km@capecod.net)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:25:38 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1KM
Operator(s): W1KM
Station: W1KM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   53    15       30
   80:  533    22       82
   40:  846    27      100
   20:  636    30      101
   15:  721    26       93
   10:  722    26       90
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Very strange conditions: good and bad at the same time.

High points:

     Reached a long-term goal of 100Meg CW SO points from the windy coast of
Southern Massachusetts (since 1979).

     Sliced thru a big European pile to get YI9OM on 80 just as I was telling
myself "this is dumb, I'm never gonna crack this pileup"

Low points:

      Missing several juicy openings, especially the 80 M lp to JA on Saturday
afternoon (and consequently missing JA/25 on 80)

      Headfone problems. My comfortable fones had bad distortion; some of the
other (older) fones had good audio but either crushed my ears or dug into my
skull. The floor next to my operating position was strewn with headfones
collected over the past 20 years. What should I do?

      My dismal high band multiplier totals :(

As always a most interesting and entertaining weekend; thanks again to K3EST and
all the hard working members of the Committee.