[3830] ARRL 160 N8MR Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N8MR Single Op LP
From: n8mr@hotmail.com (n8mr@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 08:46:06 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N8MR
Operator(s): N8MR
Station: N8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5

Total:  QSOs = 462  Sections = 65  Countries = 4  Total Score = 60,840

Club:

Comments:

This was my second serious attempt at this contest. Radio is a Yaesu FT-920.
Antenna is an inverted L up 65 feet on my postage stamp city lot. I was using
only one radial (130 feet long) the first night (got KH6AT two weeks earlier on
it - it should be okay). Then added another 130-foot radial the second day.
Couldn't tell if it made a difference. Used the same antenna for receiving and
transmitting (with 6db of attenuation and no preamp).

Last year I was thrilled to barely work W6SE. This year, W6TRW was no problem.
Guess that 1000pF series capacitor at the feedpoint of the antenna helped.
Didn't have that last year.

Still looking for Alaska for WAS 160 CW.