[3830] ARRL 160 F6IRF Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 F6IRF Single Op LP
From: f6irf@free.fr (f6irf@free.fr)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 02:26:24 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: F6IRF
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: F6IRF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JN35
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 14  Sections = 10  Countries = 0  Total Score = 280

Club:

Comments:

IC735 100W - invL(17m vert)- RX magn.loop
Seriously did not expect such a result with my low power and my casual
antenna:
Just a piece of wire hanged in the trees with a tuner at the base (of course no
radials!). Seen from SE France the condx were quite good on saturday morning,
and quite bad on sunday morning; Was unable not hear most of the stations worked
the day before, so went back to bed before sunrise.
Once again my indoor 6turns small magn-loop allowed me to hear stations that
were below the noise level on the TX-ant; unfortunately many stations could no
copy my tiny signal, so congratulations to the 14 who managed to do it, sure
they have good hears...
Nostalgy: It is amazing how this contest reminded me my ARRL-EME days, with the
same "alone in dark" feeling;  but still have to work on my 160m station to be
able to work as many stations as I used to do on 2m ;-)