[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1UR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N1UR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 19:02:17 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 41
Radios: SO2R

  160:    2     2
   80:   77    45
   40:   85    53
   20:  275    74
   15:  361    80
   10:  203    62
-------------------
Total: 1003   316  Total Score = 953,853

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were definately the Pits from northern New England.  Then, to top it
off, on Sunday morning an extreamly wet snow hit, and caked up on the 15M beam,
causing the SWR to shoot to 3:1!  Hard to run with that!  Its fine now, but no
help for the contest.  Never before have I started a Sunday morning with more
JAs in the log than EU on 10M, amazing.

I'm still struggling to get the best 40M antenna up here, into the trees.  Just
don't have the height right now to be effective.

It seems like no matter what frequency you pick on 20M to CQ, some net is going
to tell you, you are on their frequency.  How come no one speaks up when you ask
QRL? 3 times before CQing? Oh well.  You come to expect it after a while.

Seems like 10M was only open to Italy for half of Sunday morning.  One time I
looked up and saw nothing but "I" calls on the log window.

A lot of fun, regardless.

73

Ed  N1UR