[3830] CQWW SSB K9ES M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9es@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K9ES M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:23:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K9ES
Operator(s): K9ES,  OM6NM,  AD4ES,  KG8B,  N6WS,   KC4HW, WO4D,  KI4TG, KG4IPO
Station: K9ES

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Indian Harbour Beach
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   17     5       13
   80:   63    14       43
   40:  178    26       84
   20:  548    34      115
   15:  485    30      110
   10:  820    28      112
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Multi-Single High Power   -  All Bands  -  South Florida
Operating time = 48 Hours
Operators:
Eric K9ES, Norbert OM6NM, Chuck AD4ES, Dale KG8B, Bill N6WS,  Jim KC4HW, Orin
WO4D, Tim KI4TG, and Jeff KG4IPO.
Equipment:
IC-756 Pro 2 with Tentec Centurion 1.3 KW Out
Antennas
160M:  Inverted L up to 80 feet
80M:    Sloping Dipole from 80 to 40 feet
40M:    2 element yagi at 95 feet
20M:    4 element Monobander on 34' boom at 81 feet
            TH6DXX at 45 feet
15M:    4 el Monobander Interlaced on 34' boom at 81 feet,
           TH6DXX at 45 feet
           DB-10/15 at 32 feet pointing Caribbean
10M:   5 element Monobander on 26' boom at 86 feet
            TH6DXX at 45 feet
           DB-10/15 at 32 feet pointing Caribbean
Software:  Writelog
Packet:  RF Connect to KC4HW Packet Cluster

All equipment played well.  However at 0300Z (Friday Night), the packet cluster
lost it's internet feed, and we were "blind" until 1100Z.  The Writelog Software
became corrupted and failed to show multipliers, dupes, scores.  We got the
situation resolved 7 hours later by re-installing the CTY.DAT file, rebooting
the computer, and reloading Writelog.

 I want to thank everyone for spending their time to help put the station on the
air.  The preliminary antenna work done by myself, Tim KI4TG and Jeff KG4IPO
proved to be the single factor for beating the performance last year inspite of
the declining sunspot cycle.

Again, thanks, everyone for the effort, and GO FCG !