[3830] CQWW SSB VE5CPU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve5cpu@imagewireless.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE5CPU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:09:31 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE5CPU
Operator(s): VE5CPU
Station: VE5CPU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: SK
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    6     4        3
   40:   27    12       20
   20:  412    19       46
   15: 1128    24       73
   10:  541    13       31
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Solar conditions sure provided a range of operateing conditons for this one.
The opening hours were not great from SK , but as time wore on, things got much
better, at least on the high bands.  The low bands were vey poor the entire
contest.

The high bands were very productive despite beeing quite variable over the
weekend with the mixed solar activity.  Spend a lot of time pointing south on
10M, 15M and 20M with very good to excellent rates into the US, especially
during the second day.

Highlight was working some good DX on 40M (hard to do from SK with dipoles) and
a great 3 hour run on 15M into Eu and a strong 1 our run into AP on 15M during
the second day.

This is by far my best showing from my home station.  It was great to have
several hours of rates that exceeded 250 Qs an hour, with the odd half hour
section of greater than 300 Qs.  Havn't run like that outside of some MS entries
at larger stations.

THANKS! to one and all that dropped by and exchanged QSOs.