[3830] ARRL 160 N7GP(@W7MCO) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5ia@zia-connection.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N7GP(@W7MCO) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:48:26 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): W7MCO, N5IA, NA5S, NI5L
Station: W7MCO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SEast  AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1089  Sections = 78  Countries = 12  Total Score = 198,630

Club:

Comments:

Unlike the NE USA, the weather was superb.  The band conditions were good the
first night with excellent propagation out to 5,000 km.  No EU heard at this
location.  From the west we had a mini-run of JAs, three Koreans, T32WW who was
strong both nights, six KH6's and both VK3 and VK6.  Was spotted by a ZL but
never heard one. All the other DX was the carribean and Central American
stations.

The 2nd night propagation was much poorer.  The east coast never got strong.
Nothing from the Pacific except T32WW.  Glad to have NP4Z show up late.

All in all a great time and a reasonably good showing from the far Southwest
USA.  Worked all available sections; missing only NT and AK who were no-shows
due to aurora I presume.  Lots of activity from NV, WY, ND and SD.

See everyone in the Stew Perry DC from the home station.  Milt, N5IA