[3830] NAQP CW KL2A/7 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KL2A@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KL2A/7 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:42:56 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: KL2A/7
Operator(s): KL2A
Station: KL2A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:45

  160:   8      3
   80:   3      2
   40:   4      4
   20:   2      2
   15:  42     19
   10:  38     19
-------------------
Total:  97     49  Total Score = 4,753

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

This was a 1st and Last hour effort for me with two special trips to the beach
house to throw logs on the fire and play radio, give out a few points and watch
the seals.

Worthy Notes:

"WHERE'S MY ANTENNA!" became an important question at 8 mins into the contest.
I was running guys on 15m from the start at a great rate and as I
looked to the beach front to check on the antenna to give thanks -- it's GONE!
Immediately stopped the show, and went to the scene at the edge of the beach,
sure enough it was lying flat along the water!  It's a 10m vertical a foot above
the water, radials under & the SWR was great from 20-10m so I had no idea,
propped it upright and back to the game, signals did come up!

Low Bands (160m INV L) were very quiet for me 40, 80 didn't seem like fun
so headed down to 160... The boys on top band are a tight group, and with my
100w I banged out a few Qs with ease...

N7LOX, NT6K, W7RN, WA7VNI, W0YK, W6XX, N6ZFO, K7NV and 1 that got away.. K9DX
maybe...

Happy New Year!

73 Jon KL2A
http://www.qsl.net/kl2a