[3830] ARRL Jan VHF WM5R Single Op Port QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wm5r@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF WM5R Single Op Port QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:10:26 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   1     1  Total Score = 1

Club:

Comments:

I operated from a church parking lot at basically the highest point of elevation
in EL19 (900' ASL, with a clear shot to Austin, San Antonio, and Houston) on two
meters only.  The antenna was a horizonatally-polarized, omni-directional
turnstile, held aloft by a 20' tall fiberglass fishing pole.  The radio was an
Icom IC-706MkIIG in my car.  I called CQ for about an hour and a half.  I heard
three signals during that time, and worked only one.  It was a very, very quiet
Sunday afternoon on two meters.