[3830] NA Sprint CW K7NV HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K7NV HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 08:30:53 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   68
   40:  147
   20:   78
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

The amp on station 1 went "BANG" (lights out) while warming up 30 min b4 the
contest.
Major cockpit errors here.....I listened for most of the contest on my 160m
dipole 4' off the ground. That was where rig #2 was left from the 160m contest.
I did put the bandpass filter on that rig on 20m at the start, just forgot to
change it when I went to 40m, so all of my 40m contacts were worked listening on
the low 160m dipole, with the bandpass filter on 20m. No wonder it was so quiet.
I figured it out when I went to 80m. Pretty good condx there, but got beat by
some other guy 50% of the time, trying to call non-west coasters.

Thanks for the entertainment!

Kurt