[3830] ARRLDX CW OK1QM SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OK1QM SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:49:42 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OK1QM
Operator(s): OK1QM
Station: OK1QM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:    3     2
   80:   59    18
   40:   96    30
   20:  192    42
   15:  221    41
   10:  102    27
-------------------
Total:  673   160  Total Score = 323,040

Club:

Comments:

I had to put my power down to 10 W because of TVI. QRP is nothing new for me I
usually operate with power at most 10 W from my home but I was  pretty surprised
how many Qs can be made especially on 80 m. When somebody told me (N4AO ?) that
my signal is strong I tried calling CQ and got another 13 Qs into my log with 10
W and lw ant at about 20 m high in a very short time. Somebody evidently spotted
me to the cluster and I lived through exciting minutes. Can you imagine that?
You are QRP calling CQ and are waiting whether is your signal audible at least
in CT and at once turn up N1DG, W2XL, W3PP and some others. Thank you very much.

3 Qs on 160 m (KB1H, VY2ZZ and K1KI) came so easy and mainly after the 80 m
experience when I was willing to believe almost to anything.
Thank you all for the great contest. It is a pity that activity on the bands
during the working days is not at least tenth of the contest activity. The bands
are so empty. I am talking about CW.

GL and 73, Jan, OK1QM.