[3830] ARRLDX CW FG5BG(F6IRF) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW FG5BG(F6IRF) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:13:26 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: FG5BG
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: FG5BG

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: FK96
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80: 1272    59
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1272    59  Total Score = 225,144

Club:

Comments:

TS930s + alpha76 (@500W) - 1/2wl sloper
software: CTwin

Murphy's law verified once again; if something may go wrong, it will. Everything
started badly with no electricity in the schack and generator / PA hunting, but
fortunately the bad luck ended up 20mn before the contest start when we finaly
got everything operational(thanks to George and Loic) and the electricity back
to the schack (though with low 200V voltage).

My objective was the 7 years old SO80 record (HH2AW by 9A3A).
With "only" 800 "valid" qso's(*) after the first night, I knew that it was not
going to be easy task, and as expected I ended up the second night slightly
above 1200 - with only 27 QSO's missing, the suspens remained high until the
last half hour...
Will see if the thin 3Kpts margin will be sufficient to pass the "UBN"
verification, and who else may have also beated the record; but anyway it has
been fun... CU soon in another one...

(*) 96 dupes in the log !

NB: QSL via FG5BG (soon on LOTW)