[3830] ARRL FD NA5S 1A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD NA5S 1A LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:00:30 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1185   1208     0  Total Score = 7,156

Club: San Lorenzo Contest Club

Comments:

+ bonus points

Ops: N2IC, NA5S, W5GZ (+ logistical support from K5SLY, N2IC XYL, KD5HSY)
QTH: Gila National Forest, SW New Mexico

Rig: TS-950SDX
Antennas: KT-34A @ 30', 40 meter full size elevated vertical (Note: The FD QTH
has 300' dropoff immediately to the northeast and east).

A really fun FD, despite losing 1+ hour due to thunderstorms, and having to
endure many hours of S9 static crashes, even on 20 meters.  The station and
antennas worked great.  We tried to emphasize CW for the extra points, but the
pileups we generated on phone were just too much to pass up.

On a personal note, this was my 33rd Field Day as a participant in an A or B
class effort.  It's really gratifying to hear some of the same club calls today
as 30 years ago.  Congratulations to those clubs for keeping up the interest in
Field Day !