[3830] NAQP SSB K5NA M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, spederson@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K5NA M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:43:33 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA, K5DU, KI5DR, KM5JH, KD5SQF
Station: K5NA

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

  160:   18     9
   80:   62    23
   40:  219    49
   20:  848    60
   15:   51    19
   10:    4     1
-------------------
Total: 1202   161  Total Score = 193,522

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

It was a dark and gloomy afternoon.  The heavy air dripped with moisture and the
Gulf breezes came calling from the South.  Their voice whistled and howled as if
trying to speak of the impending storm.

Suddenly the crack of energy exploded as millions of volts of electricity
released their potential, bridging the gap between land and sky. Shock waves of
ionized air rushed across the countryside at the speed of sound, making
everything in it's path rumble and shake with fear at the menacing sound of
all-powerful thunder.

This caused the crew at K5NA to scurry and pull the plug on all of the devices
in the shack.  We waited helplessly as the high wind, driving rain, and endless
flashes of lightning and explosive thunder displayed their fury outside the
window.  For 30 minutes we stood in amazement at Nature's wrath as it descended
upon us.

We knew it was coming, as we received advanced warning from the constant static
crashes that often were S9+40 on all bands.  This made it difficult to hear most
anything on the bands.

Still, we had a wonderful time at Richard's and Susan's fine establishment,
recently made famous by the joint CTDXCC-TDXS BBQ after Summerfest this month.

10 was quiet, 15 was too.?? There's no Meters like 20 Meters.  40/80/160 was a
struggle due to static, and the Beverage relay was sticking, often leaving
without receiving antennas.  Thanks to everyone, see you next time!