[3830] NA Sprint SSB K8MR HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K8MR HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:06:37 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 1

   80:  36
   40:  17
   20:   0
---------------------
Total:  53     Mults = 29  Total Score = 1,537

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I got on after some company left to give some qsos to the deserving.  When I
checked things out Saturday afternoon, I was surprised to find a horrendous line
noise (S9+10)on all the bands. A quick bike ride in the offending direction
found an arcing pole that you could hear (by ear) 300 feet away. The noise
blanker helped, but at the expense of the usual induced intermod. The
combination was not pleasant, so I quit by 0320z.