[3830] CQWW SSB VE3XD(@VE3SY) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3XD(@VE3SY) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 06:12:14 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3XD
Operator(s): VE3SY, VE3XD
Station: VE3SY

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  252    13       36
   40:  460    19       74
   20:  749    37      127
   15:  832    33      117
   10:  536    29      117
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

We took the multi-two category literally and had only two operators the whole
weekend. This was the first time to use this category having been two SO
stations the previous few years. Turns out that M/2 works very well for two
operators sharing antennas.

Conditions were much better than expected and even lacking a 160m antenna we had
the best score ever for the VE3SY station in a CQWW SSB contest. 10 meters was a
total surprise after operating a few contests this fall with only single or
double digit contacts on 10.

Station: Drake L-4B and Ameritron AL80. Yaesu FT-1000MP and FT-1000MP Mark V.

Antennas: 3 element monoband yagis on 10 and 15 and a 4 element monobander on 20
at 90 feet. Dipoles for 40 and 80.

Software: Writelog 10.50 and Toshiba notebooks.

Thanks to spouses Marg and Barb who provided much needed nourishment at
occasional breaks in the action.