[3830] SS SSB WW4LL Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fdennin@numail.org
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WW4LL Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:27:05 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WW4LL
Operator(s): WW4LL, KU8E, W4BW, K9MUG, K4ZJ
Station: WW4LL

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:   38
   40:  898
   20:  400
   15:   66
   10:   38
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Operators here did a great job for an effort that was put together at the last
minute and hampered by "Murphy".  Just before contest start time had computer
problems, problems with new Heil noise cancelling headsets (one slide switch bad
with phasing), lost amp for short period of time, and late in contest lost tuner
for unknown reason at this time.

Learned more as we always try to do with each of these endeavors.  Should have
heeded the advice of my friend and mentor (N4GG) with a strategy error that I
made at 4am.  40 meters was incredible all night with repeated 100 plus hours.
After 12 hours of operating at 4am, I decided to shut down for a break and we
were still running 50 to 60 Qs per hour.  Bad mistake and my responsibility.  I
should have waited until the rate dropped more.  "Bird in the hand" kind of
philosophy.

Got sweep at 3:30 am with NNY which was our first Q on 80 meters.  Had 40 mults
in the first two hours.

Congratulations to our SECC single op friends (N4LR & NA4BW) who kicked our
multi-single butts and our W5DDX multi-single friends who did so as well.  Many
thanks to everyone who participated, as it was a lot of fun and the comradery
was great.

73'.......Fred WW4LL