[3830] CQWW CW LX7I M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl4sdw@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LX7I M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 01:15:30 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): LX2AJ, DL4SDW, DL5SEJ, DL8SCG
Station: LX7I

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Eschdorf
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  501    13       60
   80: 1283    27       96
   40: 1064    35      125
   20: 1443    36      117
   15:  603    30      112
   10:   81    26       81
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Equipment:
FT 1000 MP with Alpha 99
FT 990 with Emtron DX2

Monoband-Yagis
4-Square for 80
V80
K9AY-Receiving Loop
160m Dipole at 35m

Two weeks before the contest, Phil (LX2AJ our host) send us an email, that all
antenna work ist ready, only the V80 and the 10m-Beam had to be build up and the
4-Square had to be extended for CW. A work that normaly could be done in abt 1-3
hours.
Last Sunday before the contest, a storm destroyed the top of the tower, where
our 20-, 40- and 160m-antennas were mounted. Especially the 160m-dipole at 38
mtrs was damged and the 40m and 20m yagis were blocked from the broken mast. So
we had to repair it 2 days before the contest. We worked hard Thursday and
Friday, sometimes at -10 °C and get ready, some hours before the beginning of
the contest. The antennas were in condition but now the operators were tired.

In the contest, the condx were not so good in mid europe. especielly 15m was
closing right after the sunset and the normal daily south-america opening wasnt
there. One reason that we catched no Station in zone 12 at all, the only missed
zone this year. 10m was only usable for making some multipliers. 20m was also
not real good. A sign, that we are going to the minimum of sun-activity. The
lower bands were better the first night but at the second night there were some
troubles with noise and aurora. Nevertheless the little k9ay-loop helped us to
do some really nice DX. It ist really surprising that this rx-antenna performed
nearly the same as 200m Beverages and only need an 10x10mtrs area (and abt 15
minutes to build up). Only 160m was real good. 160m is no real DX-Band and the
crop of points was there not so outstanding. But the dipole plays real
phenomenal and we had some good DX.
All in all we didnt reach our goal to top our last year score, but we get nearly
the same. With regard to the much worse conditions, the score is not real bad.

Thank you guys for all the QSOs.
CUAGN in january at 160m-contest.

73 de Jürgen, DL4SDW