[3830] CQWW CW 9A9D(HA3LN) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ha3ln@freemail.hu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 9A9D(HA3LN) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 01:33:26 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 9A9D
Operator(s): HA3LN
Station: 9A9D

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Bjelovar
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1771    37      126
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1771    37      126  Total Score = 559,090

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

This was really good contest, my best single op effort so far.
True I didn't expect such good condx like in SSB leg but you
know the hope die for last. The sun was quite kind but the
propagation could be better. I felt sunday was something better
I needed 15 minutes to find a freq to CQ.
My best hour was 114 and this was the only one above 100.

Highs:
- I operated 40 hours without any problem. If the band stay
  open longer I could be alive the whole 48 hours
- almost 50-50 the EU <> DX ratio

Lows:
- band closed too early, no nighttime propagation
- I've never heard zone 1 and 6, and zone 12 has gone before
  I could call him (no cluster used!!!)
- my 700W counts as medium power. The "veryHP" needs to introduce
- some amp fail 2 hours before the end
- Travel back home to Budapest took 12 hours but the distance between
  Bjelovar and Bp is not more than 320km. The public transport is not
  rise to the challenge.

SRI for RW2F. That freq was really yours. I forget to switch back
to VFO A.

BIG TNX to Chris 9A5K let me use again his great stn and for hospitality.

73!
Csaba HA3LN / HG3G     ...was 9A9D in CQ-WW-CW 2004