[3830] CQWW CW VK2IMM SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sergeysh@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VK2IMM SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 01:49:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VK2IMM
Operator(s): VK2IMM
Station: VK2IMM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: nr Sydney
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:
   80:    6     4        4
   40:  371    25       59
   20:  250    31       81
   15:   98    23       40
   10:   65    12       15
------------------------------

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Team Contesting: "VKCC East" Team

Rig: TS440S
Ant: Vertical for 10/15/20/40 M
S/W: MixW 2.12

Very small LP station, which I setup in a country location near Sydney. Only one
homemade lighweight antenna for all bands, which is more suitable for Dxpedition
use. All worked as planned with some minor exceptions.

The conditions preseneted a bit of a challenge on 10/15 M - my station was
clearly lacking EIRP for this sort of propagation. 20 M was good providing some
nice multipliers. 40 M was the best band to work and the only band where I could
have sustained runs. Also good propagation on 80 M, which I failed to use to
full extent due to lack of an antenna for that band.

Many thanks for all the contacts.

Sergey VK2IMM