[3830] ARRL 160 K8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:11:24 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 547  Sections = 72  Countries = 6  Total Score = 87,438

Club: Central AZ DX Assn

Comments:

IC-765, 100w to Inv L (65v'X 77h'), Inv V at 70'. Also using two K9AY Rx Loops

I seemed to lose motivation after the first night.Spent the few hours I did
operate the second night collecting data re my newly erected K9AY Rx Loops. Fun
to play with but it sure isnt good for the score to be fooling with something
other than making q's! The loops work great, btw.

Highlight of the contest was ZL2BSJ coming back to my CQ the first night. When
one runs 100w, and simple antennas like I do on 160, that kind of real DX reply
isnt an everyday deal. ;-)

CU all in the Stew in a few weeks, my fave 160m contest.

73, Bob K8IA
nr the Superstition Mts
Arizona, USA