[3830] CQ160 CW W0ETT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ett@msn.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W0ETT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:26:38 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 301  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 9  Total Score = 45,689

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

2/3/05

Second contest with the inverted L antenna with two radials (at 10') that I put
up for this contest season, an antenna recommended by Bill K0UK.  It performed
pretty well allowing me to work African stations D4B and CT9M on Friday evening.
 D4B was in for 30-40 minutes peaking s5 - 6 at times.  Both stations came back
with first call so condx must have included their morning sunrise peak.  Was
frustrated to hear first EU on 160 (F5OIU) who was in for over an hour with
peaks at s5 but he couldn't hear my LP signal. Must have called him 20 times...
Frustration extended to hearing ZL6QH later and two JAs (on Sat. morning) but no
QSOs.  My new IC756 ProII did an admirable job but 100w power level couldn't
make the grade thru the competing sigs.

Glad to work GMCC members K0DU, K8FC, K0SX, and K9BWI in contest.

73 Ken, W0ETT