[3830] RTTY WPX DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, DL1IAO@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 04:39:50 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: SW Germany
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

   80:  385  1638
   40:  478  2202
   20:  131   313
   15:  109   293
   10:   15    37
-----------------
Total: 1118  4483  Prefixes = 453  Total Score = 2,030,799

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

TS870 (FSK) + Alpha87, WriteLog v10.52F + MMTTY on HP Omnibook XE3 (P3/700)

Thanks everyone for my first ever RTTY QSOs!

Every time I had to ask for repeats my right hand started to move to the
place where the CW paddle usually sits, but this time there only was a mouse!
It took a while to get comfortable but after an hour or so I thought this
could actually be more fun than phone!

I missed most of the daylight hours due to other weekend commitments
but at the end almost got the full operating time.

It was nice to work many stations I have never heard before - and some
familiar calls!

RTTY seems to be ideally suited for SO2R.  With one radio there sure is
lots of idling and watching the PC generate and print code.

Big thanks also to AA5AU for putting together some excellent tutorials
and for willing to share his knowledge with us newbies!

Stefan
DL1IAO@contesting.com
http://www.dl1iao.com