[3830] RTTY WPX VE1OP SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX VE1OP SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 04:52:19 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NS
Operating Time (hrs): 29.75

   80:  102   464
   40:  225   994
   20:  408  1019
   15:  667  1822
   10:   16    48
-----------------
Total: 1418  4347  Prefixes = 550  Total Score = 2,390,850

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

WOW!!...That was fun...Everything seemed to go right in this one, except for
that pesky little 2 watt, 51 ohm grid resistor in my AL811 that decided it had
had enough at 2030z Sat afternoon...Real nice BANG, that had the YL running down
the stairs in a panic to see what happened...Talk about wake me up!!...95
million parts and pieces in my shack, and nothing that I could put together to
make 51 ohms...So it goes...Low power for the second half of the contest...I
thought my hopes of 2 million points were gone...

Great condx on 15 m Saturday...I was parked on 21.077 from 1313 utc until 1818
utc, and made 413 QSO's...Didn't move once...Finally had to stop as my back
teeth were going to drown soon and I was out of reach of a hose and
bucket...According to Writelog, there was one hour in there with a rate of
101...Unbelievable signals from EU and Russia the whole time...That was the best
EVER run I've had on RTTY, and the highlight of the contest...Who says you need
high power ?

I need a beam for 40m...Wasted lots of time repeating stuff and waiting in
pileups...Maybe next Spring...

Average points/qso - 3.07...Better than my previous 2 years, which I knew I had
to work on...

Had a great time, thanks for all the calls and C U in the next one...

Equipment:
Mark V (one)
AL 811 (for half of the contest anyway)
4 element yagi and a couple wires...