[3830] ARRLDX CW OO5ZO(ON5ZO) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, franki@on5zo.be
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OO5ZO(ON5ZO) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:05:09 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OO5ZO
Operator(s): ON5ZO
Station: ON5ZO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:   10     8
   80:   56    21
   40:  155    34
   20:  403    52
   15:  412    49
   10:   30    16
-------------------
Total: 1066   180  Total Score = 575,640

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

What a contest!
Conditions on 20m and 15m better than hoped for.
Last year I made over 300 QSOs on 40m, this year I couldn't get a thing going.
Over 100 of the 155 QSOs on 40m were made in the last hours, when 20m closed.

Highlights were that I reached the 3 targets I had set:
- First QSOs with USA on 160m = all new ones for 160m WAS! It's a start.
- First time SO2R; a long way ahead to master this trade, but it's fun!
- Over 1k QSO in ARRL DX CW

I'd like to grab the opportunity here to thank my dad for all the support,
mechanical engineering and construction work he has done for me to build my
station. We have spent a lot of hours in the cold the last couple of months to
get my tower project going, and some things couldn't have been done (or at least
not as good) without his skills and expertise.

Now, given the poor result on the Low Bands and the need for extra antennas for
SO2R, we'll have to spend some more time in the future!

BTW: my low power is indeed 100W, unassisted so NO spotting aid used
whatsoever.

Used two TS-850, a KT34XA, a short loaded vertical dipole for 40m and an
inverted L with some radials fed with a SGC-230 coupler for 80/160m. N1MMlogger
worked brilliant, and it keeps getting better! Watch out for Version 5 soon to
be released.

73 and CU in the next one!

Franki ON5ZO
OO5ZO in CW for 2005 - QSL OK via buro