[3830] NCCC Sprint(9-2) W5JAW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5jaw@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(9-2) W5JAW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 06:26:48 -0700
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (9-2)

Call: W5JAW
Operator(s): W5JAW
Station: W5JAW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AUSTIN, TX
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:
   40:  26      .25
   20:  22      .25
---------------------
Total:  48     Mults = 16  Total Score = 768

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I almost passed on the practice session as I have been so completely devastated
by the events on the Gulf.  My blood was still boiling after hearing another
Washington bureaucrat claim that everything is under control, and that all that
could be done was being done.

In need for a break from the non-relenting bad news, I turned on the rig about 2
minutes before starting time.  I thought I would at least pass out a couple of
qso's to my buddies.  Somehow, the couplets started flowing, so I just "let it
happen".  Maybe that's why I ended up with my best result in 3 tries.

20 was not very good for me propagation-wise.  I went to 40 for the second 15
minutes, where I found much better conditions.  Finally snagged K4BAI a few
times there.

This provided much needed relief.  Thanks to NCCC for putting this series
together.  Too bad I will not be available for the real thing on the 11th.  I
hope I don't forget all I learned when the winter event comes up.

73,
Jim, w5jaw

SO1R
Mark V Field