[3830] CQWW SSB EA3AKY SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB EA3AKY SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:12:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EA3AKY
Operator(s): EA3AKY
Station: EA3AKY

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: nr Barcelona
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   30     4       30
   40:  160    16       73
   20:  425    23       66
   15:  567    28       76
   10:  329    17       52
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

My first WW in SSB after mni years in CW. I started the contest as SOSB40, and
after 90 minutes and 25 qsos i saw it was impossible to run calling with the 2
el. of the C4sxl and the ACOM100 due to the vy high qrm. So i decided to enjoy
the contest working all bands and DXing.

10 mtrs was the surprise with 60 stations worked in USA / VE on sunday
afternoon, wow ! i dind't expected to have such conditions. 15 mtrs quite good,
working well into W6/W7/VE7. 20 mtrs were not very good as they closed more or
less at same time than 15 mtrs. 40 mtrs "the impossible band" : heavy qrm, all
EU band full of very qro stations calling cq on top of other qro stations
calling cq.... what a disaster !, using the cw band down to 7000 !!!!!, not a
good example at all. I spent most time there listening and trying to work the DX
to Asia and Oceania being at the back of all other europeans.....

Thanks everybody for the qsos and see you in the cw contest.

Rig: IC765PROII + ACOM1000
Ant: C4SXL @ 20 mtrs agl