[3830] SS CW W1END Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, eburkin@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1END Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 02:46:42 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1END
Operator(s): W1END
Station: W1END

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:    0
   80:   57
   40:   60
   20:   98
   15:   89
   10:    3
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This is the first time I have operated in this contest and am happy that I did.
I wanted
to add my few points to the YCCC total.  Sweepstakes is a different contest.
The strategy required is not the same as in other DX contests.  S&P operation is
time consuming waiting for the longer exchanges to take place before calling.
Having said that I admit to 95% of my contacts were S&P but then it is difficult
for me to muscle my feeble signal in between the titans.
Just wait.

When I first started it took a dozen or so QSOs before I got used to sending the
exchange.  Also my logging software worked different in this contest than in
others.  Probably because it was stuffing so much data in short fields.  Anyhow
sometimes when I hit F1 to save an exchange it would act as if I hit enter and
go to the next line.  So if I wasn't paying attention I would start typing the
new call in the middle of everything and wipe out the last lne of data (the
section line).  Darn.  I'm sure I could train myself to handle this but I'm also
sure I would forget it by the next Sweepstakes.

There was a line of thunder storms that hit here Sunday at 9 PM local time.  It
made a noisy mess of 80M.

Came 11 short of a sweep but then I don't want it to be too hard to improve next
year's effort.

Thanks to everyone I had a ball.

Eldon - W1END