[3830] CQWW CW KP2TM(K9TM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9tm@buckeye-express.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KP2TM(K9TM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 10:36:56 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KP2TM
Operator(s): K9TM
Station: KP2TM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: St Croix
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:   68
   80:  259
   40:  940
   20: 1303
   15: 1524
   10:  231
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Combined SS SSB with WW CW for the maiden voyage of the new station.  At the
beginning of Sep 2005, there was no station at this QTH.  Thanks to a long week
of work in Sept the towers were erected and the antennas placed on top.  During
this trip I was alone but managed to get things completed and operate both
contests.  A big thanks to K8CC for spending so much time on the towers in Sep
and for countless hours discussing with me the options for a station at this
location.

This was a blast!  However, it has been a long, long time since I have attempted
a DX contest SO.  Boy did I underestimate the mental toll that running inflicts.
 This was an almost 100% run effort (the mult totals tell the story).  The only
S&P action that took place was on 160 and only because my signal apparently
wasn't very good there (something to work on).  I went into this thinking I
would sleep 4 hours each night and do 40 hours of the 48.  Hmmm, it didn't quite
work that way.  Sat afternoon I was wiped out and had to take some time off
(around 1.5 hours) to get some sleep.  Also, on Sat AM, there was a power outage
that took out the better part of an hour.  Sunday morning I just could not keep
putting Q's in the log so I went to bed.  Then I overslept.  All I can say is
that the point total may be down due to the lack of mults but the fun factor for
running was high.  I had fun and proved out the station... mission accomplished
for this trip!

Thanks for all the QSO's.

73 Tim