[3830] NAQP CW N9RV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pmbarkey@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N9RV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:38:13 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Indiana
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  247    53
   80:  286    53
   40:  319    56
   20:  243    56
   15:  146    37
   10:   11    10
-------------------
Total: 1252   265  Total Score = 331,780

Club:

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

Contest started out with a power outage in the first 15 minutes.  It only
lasted a minute, thankfully.  I thought I was doing OK on 15 until
I realized I needed Oklahoma (never worked), Florida (same), and
New Mexico.  Knew things were weird when I tried to move N2IC to 15
an hour an a half before sunset and I didn't hear a peep.  Steve is
always loud.

40 was surprising -- after getting really long right at sunset it
came back very nicely, and was still productive right up till the
end of the contest.  20 meters also had shorter skip to the east
coast after sunset, after no propagation in that direction during
the day.  Moving K5ZD to 15 and then 10 at 0000z made me realize
that there was propagation up there as well, so I tried to move
everyone I could.  (Hey K1AR -- get that 10m dipole up higher next
time, OK?).

Will be interesting to see how the big guns on the West Coast do
in this one.  Tremendous activity out there.  Thanks to everyone
who moved for me, its that spirit that makes this one of the best
contests on the calendar.

  - Pat
    N9RV