[3830] CQ160 CW K6GNX Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, drbill@soaringaudio.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K6GNX Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:35:42 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K6GNX
Operator(s): K6GNX
Station: K6GNX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Reno NV
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 775  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 14  Total Score = 184,690

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Excuse list: Put off fixing Beverages until just before the contest/Had a
cold/Slept thorugh Pacific DX Sat morning/ not enough time to hook up the keyer
interface to MILOG so everyone heard my keying errors in the wee hours/

Gold Star List: Personal best score/Stayed awake all night Saturday/ Worked 9
more  stations between 2315Z and 2400Z at the end of the contest - copied tons
of East Coast stations (most of which were dupes at 2330Z at the end which was 2
hours before sunset!)/ Luckily it was a CW contest, my voice never would have
made it/ I cheerfully reworked every dupe/

Multi/OP because I used the packet.  I'd guess it got me about 4 mults.  I heard
K1IK twice but he was S&P so no VT.  Did get MB near the end - that called for
"TU TU TU".  I worked 91 JA's and WOW what a boost to the score.  BTW, PJ2T's
score is almost exactly Q's x Mults x 10 = 1.3Megapoints.  Yep, virtually every
QSO was a 10 pointer.  If every one of my Q's had been 10 points my score would
have been 565,750. If you're feeling bad about your score try it, it brings a
quick smile.

Thanks to all for the Q's.  Sorry for the three or four stations that I couldn't
pull out of the noise.  I tried to work ON4UN after Bob W6RJ spotted him but
propagation to EU was the pits, OK another excuse, one of the phased Beverages
to EU got shredded by a deer.  I did get CU2A. My personal thanks to all the
West Coast DXers who stood by for the nearly 5 minutes it took to work BA4RF.
When he sent "K6?X"  EVERYONE stood by.  Yes, it's still the gentleman's band.

If anyone could not get me I would love to hear from you.  I need to figure out
the limits of the Beverages here.

What a blast, I love 160 contests and CQ 160 CW is the most fun, but CQ 160 SSB
is nice because you get to hear the voices of all your old friends and I tend to
kibitz more with friends.

It was crowded but still had enough clear frequencies to work the East Coast;
but, there was a signal every two or three hundred Hz.  It will be a pinch on
SSB when there just won't be enough bandwidth.  I'll bet we fill the band on up
to 1900 on that one.  I noticed that stations come back about +-200 Hz so when
you are sandwiched too close together it gets confusing.

Cheers
DrBill K6GNX