[3830] ARRLDX CW KT1V SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt1v@demop.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KT1V SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:31:34 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KT1V
Operator(s): KT1V
Station: KT1V

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  300    65
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  300    65  Total Score = 58,500

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Big storm left me powerless until 04:30. NONE of the TX antennas worked when the
power came on - switching logic?? I quickly hardwired the 160 antenna in place,
bypassing all the autoswitching, band decoders, relays, bandpass filters -
everything but the amp. First Q was at 0442 - 12 minutes to hardwire the 160m TX
antenna in place isn't bad! Coax from rig to amp, and from amp out the window to
the feedline.

The Beverages, all checked before the contest, were mainly functionally - they
run through the woods and lots of trees came down Friday.

Other distractions? New daughter caused a few additional missed stretches, but I
think she'll be worth it in the long run :)

VERY happy with how I did. VERY happy with how much fun I had. I need a
generator.