[3830] ARRLDX CW N2IC SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2IC SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:18:38 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:
   80:
   40:  995   106
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  995   106  Total Score = 316,410

Club:

Comments:

Thanks in part due to DJ1YFK's Sprint posting, I made a last minute decision to
do single band-40.  Condx were probably as good as they could ever be from SW
New Mexico. EU propagation was interesting - the big guns were S9+ from 22Z
until 10Z, but my ability to run EU came in waves that would start and stop
suddenly. The only consistently good time was just after sunset (01Z-03Z) and
late in the opening , around 09Z. Was still working EU during the 10Z hour, but
it was like 160 meters - every European was barely above the noise, and I
frequently had to wait for QSB peaks to finish the QSO. Never had any big JA
hours, but ended up with 370 JA, which is pretty typical for ARRL DX.

Missed a few mults which should have been easy, like EI and Z3.  Only 1 ES, but
5 HS0's and 3 9V1's !  Worked rag-chewing BX2AC for my only BV. 442 Europeans -
about half of what a big east coast station would work, but this is New Mexico,
not New England !

Thanks for the QSO's and the patience when I was having trouble copying.

Antennas: 2 element Moxon-inspired Yagi, Beverages NE, SE, NW.

73,
Steve, N2IC