[3830] WPX SSB K1USC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, usctony@charter.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K1USC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:25:11 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K1USC
Operator(s): K1USC
Station: K1USC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Alta Loma, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    0
   80:   33
   40:   57
   20:  135
   15:   55
   10:   12
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Worked a couple of new countries in the contest, that should help my DXCC chase.
Radio is a Yaesu 857D at 100 Wts. G5RV Inverted-V Antenna up about 22 Feet.
Antenna tuner had some difficulties tuning on 10, 15 & 80 Meters due to low
height & proximity of antenna to house, ground, etc. So, just reduced power &
made it work.  Busy weekend limited OP time on Sunday. Overall, I'm very pleased
with a personal all-time high in QSO's & points. Recently installed SSB (& CW)
filter in the radio helped pull out weak signals and reduce the QRM. Amazing how
that helps out! A great time was had in this contest. dit dit.

de K1USC

Tony Ruiz