[3830] 7QP K7UGA Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP K7UGA Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:02:47 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: K7UGA
Operator(s): K8IA KC7V AA7A KY7M K7BHM WA2DFI K7SP W8AEF W3ZZX  W7JU
Station: K7UGA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZMCP
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    50     13
   80:   201     94
   40:   502    118
   20:   421    820
   15:    89     75
   10:    16     13
    6:            1
    2:            2
--------------------
Total:  1279   1136  Mults = 60  Total Score = 366,540

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Our K7UGA (CADXA) operation is going to send our log in as a CHECKLOG.

Reasoning;

1. We operated this as a club activity to commemorate the Barry Goldwater
Memorial callsign, K7UGA. "Competing" wasnt foremost.

2. Our operation was from 8 different fixed locations in Maricopa county, like
IARU HQ stations in  IARU Championship. Because of this, we feel it would be
unfair to be in competition with those that did the multi-op from a single
location.

On the plus side, we were able to get several members volunteering that hardly
ever contest or are brand new it. This was a real plus! Its a a good chance
I'll even be able to recruit some enthusiastic regular contesters from this
group. That, alone, is worth anything we did score-wise.

73, Bob K8IA
K7UGA Scribe, Floor Cleaner, Trash Basket Attendee and 40m cw Lid