[3830] NewEngQP W0BH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP W0BH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:14:51 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 8:54

   80:     16        0
   40:     12       16
   20:     36      113
   15:      0        0
   10:      0        0
------------------------
Total:     64      129  Mults = 57  Total Score = 14,649

Club:

Comments:

***********************
Added from the 7QP post
***********************

It's unfair when graduation weekend at Hesston College and a weekend full of
operating events like this one fall on the same spot on the calendar. I knew
I'd have to come and go, so during the week I combined the 7QP, NEQP, and INQP
county files into one, added state and province mults as well for the calls I
knew would come from MARAC ops and non-QP locations, and added a DX mult for
ARI and other visitors. When Saturday morning rolled around, the fun began with
the new 7QP.

After a sweep through the bands for fixed ops and mobiles, I decided to CQ
putting the Kansas mult on the air and had a nice run on Saturday morning on
20m. After time out for a graduation event, the New England QSO Party started
up, and things got even busier. Alternating between S&P and CQing kept me
totally entertained as both QPs alternated in the log. CW logging was easier
since the ops sent the 5 letter QTH. On SSB, I would often have to look up the
county which meant paper shuffling from time to time. Indiana, MARAC, and ARI
all found their way into the log as well to round out the day.

***********************
Sunday morning was commencement so I commenced operating around noon and I'm
sure missed some good action and mobile mults on 40m. Conditions between Kansas
and NE included some amazing QSB .. signals fading sometimes to almost nothing
in a matter of seconds. Another party (not the QSO variety) made me quit around
5:30pm just when I was finally hearing and working mobiles.

The logging worked perfectly including dupes. I wrote a quick program to split
the combined log into assorted events, then imported each separate log back
into my logging program (NA) which scored the event for me.

Thanks to the NEQP organizers and all the fixed and mobiles stations who
participated. See you all again next year.

73, Bob, w0bh