[3830] SS CW KT4W(@N4RV) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KT4W@HOTMAIL.COM
Subject: [3830] SS CW KT4W(@N4RV) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 19:58:00 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KT4W
Operator(s): KT4W
Station: N4RV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  456
   40:  313
   20:  177
   15:   43
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to N4RV for the use of the station. I've known Jack since our W3AU days
in the 70s. This station has been my home away from home for years.

This is my first serious CW SS since the mid 70s, and is a personal best. I'll
need to find that SS Award from K4VX in perhaps 1974 to see what I did.

My goal was 1000 QSOs, and I sent #1000 just as my time expired. There were a
few dupes included, so the claimed shown here is a bit less.

There were lots of stations to be worked, especially in 9 and 0 call areas. The
bands seemed to have long skip all weekend. I don't recall 9 and 0 stations
being so loud. I'll count them up later, but I believe the percentage of 1 and
2 call area stations is lower than normal. The New York City metro area is only
200 miles from the QTH in Northern VA. So, perhaps this flux level just doesn't
give the required close-in skip to work a jillion 2s on 40 and 80.