[3830] CQWW CW W6/VK2IMM SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sergeysh@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6/VK2IMM SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:35:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6/VK2IMM
Operator(s): VK2IMM
Station: VK2IMM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: San Jose, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:
   80:   14     6        5
   40:  115    20       31
   20:  114    24       42
   15:  142    26       48
   10:   16     9        8
------------------------------

Club: VKCC

Comments:

Rig: TS-440SAT

Microham interface and N1MM logger

Antennas at my W6 QTH:

10/15/20 - Trap Vertical (12AVQ) on a roof
40M - Home made "fiberglass and wire" elevated vertical
80M - no dedicated antenna, used the 40M one with a tuner

Comments:

I like operating this contest with a simple setup and low power. First time
from a W6 QTH. Certainly not as busy as when running it from VK. I wish I could
spend more hours but at times there were no stations to work for points so I did
take timeouts.

10 M did open up ocassionally, heard TZ5A but could not could not get to them

15/20 M were fun. 20 M opened up better on Sunday with good polar path to EU,
finally heard some loud signals from there.

40 M was noisy at my QTH but it did not create too many problems on RX. Missed
several VKs as could not get to them. Made some contacts Long Path which was
great. Ceratinly not as much fun on this band as in VK during CQWW.

80M - many good signals but I should have prepared a better antenna, many easy
point contacts and mults missed. This is easier to work this band from here.

Only a fraction of a score which I make with a similar setup from VK but I am
happy with new experience.

Many thanks for the contacts

Sergey VK2IMM