[3830] CQWW CW K5NA SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5na@ecpi.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5NA SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 17:36:30 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA
Station: K5NA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:  100    23       71
   80:  190    32      116
   40:  305    38      132
   20:  280    37      135
   15:  271    34      121
   10:   82    21       50
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I decided to spend a weekend DXing in the CQWW CW and not really contesting.
That means I operated assisted and worked as many DX countries and zones as I
could. Since I wasn't going for score, there was no pressure for me to run and
hold a frequency. But I did run occasionally when I got bored or there were no
DX pileups to try to break.

I spent 48 hours in the chair and dozed occasionally when I just couldn't keep
my eyes open any longer. I made QSOs in every clock hour of the 48 hours. The
lowest total in any one hour was 2 QSOs in the 1200Z time slot the second
morning. That was when I took my longest doze break of 45 minutes. The other
doze breaks were generally 15 to 20 minutes in length.

I had worked hard the week before to set up my new Microham SO2R box for the
contest. I had originally thought I would spend more time running and doing the
2 radio thing. But it didn't happen because I was having too much fun DXing.

The low bands(40, 80, & 160) were about as good as I have ever heard them from
Central Texas. Who would have thought that I would have worked over 100
countries on 80M. That really surprised me. 40M was the hottest band with
openings world-wide.

It was great fun.

73, Richard - K5NA