[3830] ARRL 160 WA2MNO M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob.lafont@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WA2MNO M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 17:44:52 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WA2MNO
Operator(s): WA2MNO
Station: WA2MNO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 18:37

Total:  QSOs = 632  Sections = 73  Countries = 3  Total Score = 96,748

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Friday night started off much better than I thought it would. My QSO run rates
were excellent and multipliers were going quite well. Late Friday night I was
able to work PJ2T, C6AQQ and HI3A. When I quite Saturday morning I had 416 Q's
and had expectations of making 800 total Q's when the contest was over. Last
year I had approximately 348 total Q's for the contest so it was looking up for
800 Q's this year. I tried getting a run going Saturday evening around 1630
local but nothing of real value happened. So, Saturday night/Sunday morning was
a mixed bag of S&P and running. Friday night/Saturday morning run rates were on
average 60+ while Saturday night/Sunday morning were averagering 30+. For
whatever reason my noise level was much higher Saturday night which didn't
help. Thanks to Mike/WG0G my amp was back in service which definitely helped. I
missed NNY (unbelievable), PR, PAC, AK, NL, MB and NT for a total of 73 sections
and 3 DX. It's amazing what you can do with a little wire (Inverted-L) strung
through the trees on 160M.