[3830] ARRL 160 K0EU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K0EU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:04:59 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 382  Sections = 68  Countries = 2  Total Score = 53,900

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Pretty good conditions, especially the second night.  Only had time for a few
short operating sessions.  Beverage to the East worked like crap the first
night.  Found out that a friend of my son's had pulled it down Friday evening
and broke it.  Turned a 290 foot terminated beverage into a 150 foot
unterminated!  Even with the beverage on the second night, I still had problems
copying some callers through the line noise (Thank you, Xcel energy and your
wonderful line noise repair crews...you do have some, don't you?).  Heard some
partial calls of 1- and 2- land stations, but just couldn't pull them through.
Always a great chance to say hello to old friends like K9AY, W0UO, and also
work a bunch of GMCCers: K0UK, W0ETT, WT9Q, KO7X, and others.