[3830] ARRL 160 K5NA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5na@ecpi.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K5NA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:34:28 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA
Station: K5NA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 1416  Sections = 76  Countries = 26  Total Score = 313,038

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was the 33rd time I have entered the ARRL 160M Contest. I always go into
this contest with one simple goal, to make the top ten. Sometimes I do (2004),
and sometimes I don't (2005). I think I might have made it this year, but you
can never be sure.

Conditions seemed very unsettled and the QSB was as severe as I have ever heard
it. You might copy a callsign on the first try prefectly clear and then spend 5
minutes trying to get the exchange. Thanks for the many who stuck with me until
I copied them correctly.

I missed the sections of PR, NL, MB, and NT. This is the fewest section mults
that I have worked in quite a while for this contest. The European stations
were in and out and I missed a lot of them. The QSB, QRM, and being this far
west of the east coast means it just isn't that easy to work Europe. I managed
26 DX multipliers but only 11 of them were from Europe.

I had put up a new NW beverage for this contest and it worked very well
allowing me to work 39 JAs and a UA0. Most of these Asian stations were worked
just after sunrise here on both mornings.

Once again I had a terrific time in this, the 37th ARRL 160M Contest. I am
already thinking of ways to improve for the 38th.

73, Richard - K5NA