[3830] CQWW CW OH4A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh6xx@sral.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH4A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 02:27:32 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6XX, OH6GLE
Station: OH4A

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  477    16       69
   80:  840    28       99
   40:  802    34      125
   20: 1439    37      119
   15:  312    33      117
   10:   35    14       35
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Big thank you goes to Jukka OH6LI who called me and gave us this opportunity to
work from OH4A. We had great competition with OH5Z and OH1F who were also in
M/S category. In claimed score we are all within under 2,5% so everything is
open for UBN check. The station consists of following antennas:

Two towers: 42m and 45m rotating
160m: 3*1/4 wave slopers around each tower
80m:  2 el
40m:  2/2 stack and another 2 el shorty on other tower
20m:  4/4/4 stack on each tower
15m:  4/4 stack on each tower
10m:  4/4/4 stack on each tower

The conditions weren't great but it didn't matter as this time we were on the
same starting line with the big boys. We didn't have to build our field day
style M/S station so we missed 15+ hours of hard work on Friday. That meant we
were refreshed at the beginning of the contest and were able to keep both
stations on the air simultaneously for about 42 hours. I slept for 2,5 hours
and Timo for 1,5h. When one got tired on the run station we rotated the
operators from run to mult and vice versa. Anyway we had good time and if we
could do it again we would beat our competition with much bigger margin.